Despite their sometimes fearsome appearance, larger or even giant dog breeds can make especially good family friends, loving and protecting your children as their own. And, as this list illustrates, they look absolutely adorable together!
Not all big dogs are good for families – guard dogs or herders can be anxious or over-protective around kids. But some small breeds are also unsuitable around children because of their tendency towards nipping and aggression.
The benefits of raising children with a pet are numerous – they teach responsibility, compassion and confidence, and they will protect your kids and keep them active.
1. “My wife caught my daughter and my pitty both begging for food….tongues out.”
2. “My daughter utilizes our lab as a chair. He doesn’t mind.”
3. It’s a long road ahead, but we’ll make it together
4. Awww, its nap time!
5. “They would have been fine with a smaller couch”
6. “We don’t leave the house without her bodyguard”
7. “He lays with him for each bottle”
8. “My sons face every time we put him on the floor to play with Beast”
9. “She’s going to grow up to be a dentist”
10. Is this covered by insurance?
11. Allow me to clean you, burrito baby
12. The large humans really seem to get a kick out of this
13. Lion dog shall protect tiny creature
14. I could eat you… but you’re just too cute
15. I love you, too, shorty
16. I’m too old for this s***
17. I shall go slow for you, mini human
18. Besties fur-everz
19. A German shepherd beats a crib any day
20. Pit bulls are sooo ferocious
21. Even giant dogs can’t resist baby bellies
22. Are you a reindeer?
23. Go ahead, you take the lead
24. She just fits so well in my leg nook
25. Nap time is best with a friend
26. Pretzel time with the wee one is my favorite
27. The warmest, furriest, most tolerant head rest in the world
28. My paws are bigger than yours
29. With those stubby legs you gotta stand on your tiptoes, kid
30. Butt beds
31. Speaking of butts, this is the cutest pair we’ve seen
32. To get to this small human, you must first go through me
33. What are you looking at?
34. Big dog makes for best first chair
35. Hop aboard, little one!
36. Who needs stuffed animals when you’ve got a humongous floof?
37. You come near this small blob of flesh and you’ll have me to deal with
38. Snuggle time
39. Lean on me, o puny one