Eggless chocolate cake recipe | eggless cake recipe | basic chocolate cake recipe with detailed photo recipe. an ideal celebration cake recipe prepared with cocoa powder and chocolate frosting. it can be served as a dessert after full course meal for lunch and dinner.Eggless chocolate cake recipe | eggless cake recipe | basic chocolate cake recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. a moist and spongy chocolate cake recipe with cream chocolaty frosting. this cake can be easily served during ceremonial occasions like birthday, weddings and anniversary.
well to be honest, this cake recipe is my first baked recipe using conventional oven. till now i have always used my small stove to prepare all the veg recipes. even my previous eggless sponge cake was in cooker and not oven. however, i am starting with new section of recipes prepared with conventional oven. when i started the hebbars kitchen journey, i had the principle of preparing only basic recipes with my small stove. however, due to several request, i am today sharing the simple eggless chocolate cake recipe.
furthermore, some important tips for a perfect moist sponge eggless cake. firstly, even though we term this cake as chocolate cake recipe, vanilla essence has to be added to cake batter. vanilla essence when combined with cocoa powder, enhances the chocolate flavour. secondly, after adding condensed milk and butter, beat it properly with hand blender or whisk it. after adding dry ingredients like plain flour and cocoa powder just fold it and do not beat it. lastly, if you are preserving this cake for a week or so, use oil instead of butter. typically, butter solidifies after a day or so and the cake turns solid.
- 1 cup condensed milk / milkmaid
- ¾ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1½ cup maida / plain flour / all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup warm milk add as required
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar / icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cold milk add as required
firstly, in a large mixing bowl take condensed milk and butter.
beat in one direction till the mixture turns smooth and fluffy.
also sieve, maida, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
then fold gently.
furthermore add vinegar, vanilla extract and warm milk.
mix gently to attain smooth dropping consistency.
transfer the cake batter to a cake mould.
bake the cake at 180 degree celsius for 25 minutes.
cool down the cake completely.
firstly, in a large mixing bowl take take butter and beat.
then add cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla extract add cold milk.
beat till the mixture turns smooth and spreadable.
spread the generous amount of prepared chocolate frosting.
then place another baked cake.
again spread the frosting.
at last cut the cake to desired shape and serve.
How to make eggless chocolate cake with step by step photo recipe:
Chocolate cake recipe:
(Bake the cake twice to prepare 2 cakes for layering and frosting)
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1 cup of condensed milk.
- Furthermore, add ¾ cup unsalted butter which is at room temperature. you can also use salted butter, make sure to skip salt later.
- With the hand blender or whisk beat in one direction till the mixture turns smooth and fluffy.
- Also sieve, 1½ cup of maida, 3 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, ¾ tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp of baking powder and ¼ tsp of salt.
- Then fold gently without disturbing the air bubbles.
- Furthermore add vinegar (optional – helps for more soft and spongy cake)
- Also add vanilla extract to enhance the chocolate flavour.
- Then add warm milk and start to mix.
- Mix gently and add more milk if required.
- Also make sure the batter is of smooth dropping consistency.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°c for 10 minutes and transfer the cake batter to a cake mould. make sure to line a butter paper at the bottom of tray to prevent from sticking.
- Spread the cake batter with the help of spatula.
- And also tap twice to level up uniformly and remove any air bubbles if present.
- Bake the cake at 180 degree celsius or 356 degree fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes. to bake in microwave or cooker check out the notes section below.
- To check the cake has baked completely, always insert a toothpick at the centre and see if it comes out clean. else bake for 5 more minutes.
- Cool down the cake completely. also transfer the cake to cooling rack to cool faster.
chocolate frosting recipe:
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take take half cup of butter at room temperature.
- Furthermore, beat the butter till it turns smooth and fluffy.
- Then add ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Also add 2 cups powdered sugar / icing sugar. ( suggest you to stick to icing sugar as they do have a small proportion of corn starch which prevents from melting)
- Additionally add a tsp of vanilla extract to enhance the chocolate flavour.
- Finally add ¼ cup of cold milk.
- Beat till the mixture turns smooth and spreadable.
- If the frosting turns too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. if frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar.
decorating chocolate cake recipe:
- Firstly, place a baked cake on turning table.
- Furthermore, spread the generous amount of prepared chocolate frosting.
- Then place another baked cake.
- Also spread generous amount of prepared chocolate frosting.
- Start spreading frosting over the sides of cake carefully.
- Then with the help of offset spatula or a knife, spread the prepared frosting evenly.
- Spin it around as you frost for an even coating
- Finally give a final touch making sure there are no crumbs showing through the icing.
- At last cut the cake to desired shape and serve. store in refrigerator to serve later.
- Firstly, frost the cake only after its cooled completely, else the frosting will melt.
- Furthermore, use oil instead of butter if you are preserving the cake and eating later. as butter hardens once Refrigerated whereas oil doesn’t and keeps cake more moist.
- Also to bake in microwave convection mode pre heat and bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes. and to bake in cooker.
- Additionally, stick to the proportion for a perfect cake.
- Finally, use high quality cocoa powder for great result in eggless chocolate cake recipe.